Schreiner Memorial Library is located two blocks off the square in Lancaster, Wisconsin, and set within Ryland Park on the corner of Madison Street (US 61) and Elm Street(County A). There is also a branch of the Schreiner Memorial Library located on Main Street in Potosi, Wisconsin. Both locations offer public access to computers and wireless internet as well as a selection of newspapers, periodicals, books, movies, music, and more.
The Lancaster Public Library was founded in 1901, and it was the first library in Grant County. The home of George Ryland was for many years the location of the library. He donated the land which is now Ryland Park to the city, and the library was rebuilt with funds from Emma Schreiner to create the Schreiner Memorial Library in 1957. A much-needed addition was built in 1982, and an extensive renovation and addition were completed in 2015.
The Potosi Branch was opened in 2007 as a joint effort between the Schreiner Memorial Library and the Village of Potosi.