Monday - Thursday: 9a.m.- 8p.m. Friday: 9a.m. - 5p.m. Saturday: 9a.m. - 1p.m.
Please call (608)723-7304 if you would prefer to schedule a curbside pickup appointment.
Tuesday, June 7th at 6:30 pm via Zoom — Afro-Cuban Jazz — RESCHEDULED The Schreiner Memorial Library welcomes world-renowned flutist, Galen Abdur-Razzaq. Galen will speak on the topic of the history of Afro-Cuban Jazz and will play for us as well! A former educator, he holds a Master’s degree from Rutgers University, New Jersey in Education and Performing Arts, and studied music at Berklee School of Music in Boston. Embracing his love of music appreciation through his music program consisting of music performances and lectures. Please contact the library at 608.723.7304 to register to receive your Zoom link.
JOB OPENING: Library Director
Overview & Location
The Schreiner Memorial Library Board seeks an energetic, experienced, community-minded, and well-organized individual to serve as the library director of the Schreiner Memorial Library and Potosi Branch Library. Lancaster pop. 3,907 (2020)is the county seat of Grant County, located in the beautiful Driftless Area of Southwestern Wisconsin.
● Plan, direct, and coordinate all library activities for Schreiner Memorial Library and Potosi Branch Library, serving a total population of over 11,000 patrons
● Lead a staff of 2 full-time and 8 part-time members
● Manage annual operating expenditures of more than $450,000
● Coordinate with the Schreiner Memorial Library Board of Trustees, as well as the City of Lancaster to bring the finest library experience to Southwest Wisconsin
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, including classes in library science; Master’s degree in library science is preferred
● Grade 2 Wisconsin Public Librarian Certification within 2 years of hire date
● Three years of managerial and supervisory experience
● Experience in a public library is highly desirable
Compensation & Benefits
● Starting salary range- $49,000 + depending on experience
● Excellent health benefits
For the full job description, please, see the following link: Library Director Job description To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Library